The Orange County Labor Federation represents over 200,000 union members in over 90 + local unions with the potential to affiliate over 150,000 members in one of the largest metropolitan areas of the West Coast. Orange County, the fifth largest California county, is rapidly changing. There is tremendous growth in communities of color and working families’ communities that is creating a major shift in the political dynamics of the county.
The Executive Director of the Labor Federation is being hired to help lead a new era of political, legislative and workplace organizing in Orange County working, as needed, with unions and community allies in Ca. or regionally.
Skills, Experience, Commitment, Requirements Include:
Salary & Benefits:
- At least 5+ years experience as lead/director in labor campaigns including political campaigns, member mobilization, internal and external organizing campaigns and building community alliances
- High-level ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Experience with strategic and campaign planning
- Experience in promoting labor action, information and education through all forms of communications
- Experience in developing and running training programs to assist locals in building strong unions
- Ability to work with local elected leaders to advance workers’ rights and job standards
- Experience working in unions or organizations that are changing, organizing and are campaign oriented
- Willingness to be accountable to the elected leaders in the Federation and maintain a high level of reporting and recording keeping
- Experience in hiring, developing a staff team and ability to develop internal organization and use of technology
- Dedication to building the power of working families and organized labor in Orange County
- Must have a car and willingness to work long hours and weekends
Competitive salary based on experience with full benefits. Women, people of color and bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Apply to: Orange County Labor Federation by April 15
Please send resume and cover letter via email to OCLFHiringCommittee@gmail.com