11 May We’re Hiring
Posted at 09:56h
in Job Opportunity
The Orange County Labor Federation is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Process weekly payroll and staff expenses – review for accuracy and adherence to policy
- Track and monitor employee benefits, vacation/sick/comp time, etc.
- Process Accounts Payable accurately, charge expenses and verify expense requests
- Process Accounts Receivable including dues, benefits, and contributions
- Maintain Labor Federation Financials
- Monitor various account balances to ensure proper funding
- Compile reports for various monthly, quarterly, and annual filing requirements
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the day to day operation of the organization including, but not limited to: Finance Committee, annual budget preparation, monthly Executive Board and Delegates meetings.
- Assist in all areas of Finance and Administration, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Application of bookkeeping principles and methods to the maintenance of specialized accounting and financial records following standard operating procedures
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, use time efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, in addition to accounting and database software
- Analytical skills to resolve errors, discrepancies and reconcile data
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for payroll, benefits and taxes (including Sales and Use tax)
- Knowledge of INTUIT (payroll processing) and QuickBooks.
: At least two (2) years’ experience required in bookkeeping/ financial department.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
: This position is a bargaining unit position. The OCLF is committed to diversity and encourages women and minorities to apply for this position.
: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to: Joline Cruz, Administrative Director at Joline@oclabor.org