02 Nov Make Taxes Fair
The House GOP today released its plan to slash taxes for the rich by cutting services and taking money out of the pockets of working families. America’s labor movement will fight every attempt by President Trump and congressional leaders to give preference to millionaires and billionaires, and have hardworking people pay the tab.
Message of the Day - Make Taxes FairEight ways the Republican tax bill will hurt working people:
- It would kill jobs. lt would give companies a huge tax break for outsourcing.
- It would pay for tax cuts with drastic cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and education.
- It still won't be paid for, so we can expect Republicans to demand more budget cuts that hurt working people in the future.
- It would increase taxes on many middle-class families, and most of its tax breaks would go to the top 1%.
- It would punish states that make the kind of investments that create good jobs.
- It would encourage high-income employees to avoid taxes by setting up pass-through businesses, robbing billions of dollars from Social Security and Medicare.
- It would tax long-term care for seniors and people with disabilities.
- It would kill construction jobs by limiting the mortgage interest deduction.